Мета уроку: активізувати лексико-граматичні навички усного мовлення з теми;практикувати учнів в читанні зі значним обсягом інформації за короткий проміжок часу;практикувати учнів в аудіюванні; виховувати вміння працювати в парах і групах, почуття взаємодопомоги та колективізму під час обговорення дискусійних проблем; розвивати слухову, зорову пам'ять, логічне та творче мислення;розвивати уміння аргументовано захищати свою думку; формувати культурні смаки;активізувати творчі та ділові здібності учнів.
Обладнання: картки з їжею,підручник “English 6 form” (A. Nesvit), картки з завданнями, тексти для читання, видео з піснею Do you like brocolli ice cream.
І. Початок уроку.
-Good morning, children!
- Good morning, teacher!
-Take your seats.
2.Повідомлення теми уроку.
- The theme of our lesson is “Food”. We are сontinuing to speak about food and today we are going to disсuss some reсipes and ways to сook food. We’ll also find out about school dinners in the UK.
3.Введення в іншомовне середовище.
-How many meals a day do you usually have?
-What do you prefer to have for breakfast / dinner / supper?
-You don’t have dinner at home, do you?
-Do you like to have meals at a cafe?
-Which is your favorite dish?
-What kind of food do you prefer plant or animal food?
-Which food is healthier plant or animal food?
-Which food is healthier raw or cooked? Why?
II. Основна частина уроку.
1. Фонетична зарядка.
Look at the blackboard. There is a small tongue twister.
Let’s read it:
Betty Botter made some butter.
“But”, she said, “This butter’s bitter”.
“So”, she said, “I’ll buy some butter,
It will make the butter better!”
So, Betty Botter bought some butter
Just to make the butter better.
“Alas”, she sighed. “This butter’s better —
But it’s still a little bitter”.
2. Робота в парах.
a) The students decide whether these foods come from an animal or plant origin. If it comes from an animal, they decide if the animal lives on the land or in the water. And after that the students put the words into the correct boxes.
Crab, chocolate, kebabs, hamburger, chicken, salmon, apple pie, orange juice, pears, peas, lamb, steak, chips, lemonade, strawberries.
animal origin (land)
animal origin (sea)
b) The teacher asks the students to make a list of 5 different items of food and read it out. The other students must say:
- if they are good for us or not;
- how much we should or shouldn’t eat.
Fruit. Fruit is very good for us. It contains vitamins. We should eat a lot.
Biscuits. Biscuits are not very good for us. They are made with sugar. We shouldn’t eat too many.
T. Make up statements using these situations
Model. You are at a restaurant. You notice that your glass is not clean. You stop a waiter who is passing by and say “I’d like a clean glass, please”. (“Will you please bring me a clean glass?”)
You want some salt for steak and the waiter is just going by. You call him and say...
You ordered a steak. The waiter has brought you something which you can neither cut nor eat. You say...
You are not satisfied with everything at a restaurant. You call the owner of the restaurant and say..., etc.
Guess the dish
Some pupils have adding hometask-- to tell about the dish but they will not name it. Listen to them very carefully and guess what is it.
The class listen to 4 pupils and answer after their descriptions.
- Best of all I like healthy food. Firstly I take some vegetables, wash them and cut. Then we have to put some salt and pepper. After that I add a little oil and mix. It’s a very tasty dish. What is it?
- My taste is alike to yours. We can buy this food easily in the shop. But you can cook it yourself. We have to wash and peel potatoes. Then we slice them and fry every piece into the pan with a lot of oil. Take out red- yellow snacks and air. What is it?
- Everyone has eaten my dish. Your and my mum prepare it. She takes meat, boils it. After that she puts peeling vegetables. Mum adds some salt, pepper. At the end she puts some sour- cream. It is delicious red- coloured dish. What is it?
- It is Ukrainian dish. I help my mum to do it. Firstly we boil leaves of cabbage and rice. We have to grind carrot and cut some onion. Frying we mix them with rice and meat. Put salt, pepper. Then we put this mass into the cabbage leaf and boil 1 hour with tomato pasta. We eat this dish with sour- cream. What is it?
Пісня Do You Like Broccoli Ice Cream? | Super Simple Songs
6. Групова робота. Читання.
a) Pre- reading task
- How many meals a day do you have?
- What is good to eat every day?
- What bad food do you like?
- What would you like to eat for lunch at school?
Lexical work: read new words and explanations with the examples on the blackboard .
Meal-- the process of eating a day. I have 3 meals a day: breakfast, dinner, supper.
Prefer-- like. We prefer to eat a lot of sweets.
Dessert-- sweet dish. Our dessert is a cake.
Pancake-- small cake frying on the pan. She likes pancakes with jam.
b)Work in groups. 2 groups will read about the “ School dinners in the UK“ and will do the task after reading.
School dinners in the UK
A typical school dinner costs about 2 pounds a day for a secondary pupil in the UK. There is usually a main course, a dessert and a drink. Parents often pay in advance online. School dinners must include food groups such as fruit and vegetables, protein (for example meat, fish or cheese) and cereal (for example rice or pasta). There are rules about how the food is prepared, for example there are limits on the quantity of fried food. More than a third of British school pupils have school dinner. Some take a packed lunch, prepared at home. Others either have lunch at home or eat at nearby take-away restaurants.
We asked some young people to tell us about what they eat at lunch time on school days.
“I have school dinners most days but I take a packed lunch on Fridays. This Friday I had a cheese sandwich, tomatoes, crisps, a chocolate bar and an apple juice.” Tom, 14, Dorset.
“Today we had pizza, salad, then an apple for dessert. I get free school.” Rae, 13, Hathersage.
“I had fish and chips today. I went to the chip shop near school with some friends. Sometimes I take a packed lunch and sometimes my parents give me money to buy lunch.” Theo, 15, Cambridge.
“I have school dinner every day. Today I had roast chicken, carrots, green beans and potatoes. For dessert I had cake.” Sarah, 14, Birmingham.
1. Check your understanding: true or false
School dinner is eaten at lunch time.
A school dinner in the UK costs about 2 pounds.
All British schoolchildren have school dinners.
All pupils have lunch at nearby take-away restaurants.
Other pupils work with the exercise 2, p.62 in the book “English 6 form” (A. Nesvit).
c) Post- reading task-- Comparing the dinner time at school in Ukraine and in the UK.
Using the information on the cards :
- A typical school dinner costs about 2 pounds a day .
- School dinners must include food groups such as fruit and vegetables, protein and cereal .
- There are limits on the number of fried food.
- School pupils eat at nearby take-away restaurants.
- Children have pizza, salad, then an apple for dessert.
- People eat soup, meat for dinner.
- Pupils have a cup of tea with cookies.
- Children like to eat sweets and fruit.
Read the recipe. Fill in the gaps with the words from the box. Guess what recipe it is.
(add, boil, cut, get, mash, peel, put, take, wash, add)
a) 1)____3or 4 potatoes.2)____them. 3) Then____them carefully. 4)If the potatoes are very big,____them into smaller pieces. 5)Then____them into cold water,____some salt and____till they are ready.6)____ the water out and ____some milk and butter.7)Wait till the milk starts boiling._____everything
b )Guess the words and write them down .
A wooden or plastiс thing for сhopping food.
A pot for frying food.
A gadget for drying bread.
A speсial buсket for rubbish.
A gadget for heating food.
We use it to wash the dishes.
It helps us to keep our food fresh.
c) Put the sentenсes in the сorreсt order and guess the name of the dish.
Sliсe the tomatoes and сuсumbers.
Mix the salad.
Add the onion and parsley.
Add some salt and pepper.
Take some tomatoes, some сuсumbers and one pepper.
Сhop some green onion and some parsley.
Wash the vegetables.
Pour some oil.
Put the vegetables into the bowl.
Enjoy this deliсious food.
The name of the dish
d) You desсribed the proсess of сooking of two dishes with the help of speсial verbs. The next task will be to matсh the verbs with their definitions.(a-e) Open your books on the page 79.
Pour (a) to put smth. together with smth. else
Bake (b) to make things join together in a whole
Сombine (с) to сook smth. by dry heat in an oven
Add (d) to flow in a сontiniouns stream
Mix (e) to prepare smth. by putting several ingredients together
ІІІ. Заключна частина.
What was this lesson about? Did you like it? What new did you learn today? What was the most difficult for you at this lesson?
Your marks are the following…
3. Домашнє завдання.
Your home task is …